[Asterisk-Users] Meetme echo cancellation

Steven Langley steven at intellinc.co.za
Thu Feb 9 08:55:32 MST 2006

Hi there

I am using IAX2 softphones dialing into a meetme conference. In my softphone
I was forcing uses to click on a button when they wanted to speak, enabling
their microphone and disabling their speakers. This way when a user was
speaking they did not hear their voice half a second later (because meetme
mixes the voice and sends to everyone in the conference).

Now because of requirements there is a need for users not to have to click a
button when speaking (and have their microphones and speakers enabled at all
times) - much like Skype. How would I prevent a user hearing their own voice
half a second later? Using some kind of echo cancellation? I am not sure
that this is defined as echo though.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks

Steven