[Asterisk-Users] Nortel Meridian Opt 81C and PRI

Greg Camp Greg.Camp at ExcellSvcs.com
Thu Feb 9 07:52:31 MST 2006

I thought about that, but all of our extensions display the same caller id value.  Unfortunately the above won't work in our case.

> > 2) We would like to use Comedian Mail for company wide voicemail.  I
> > can
> > setup user extensions easily enough.  I have also setup two 4-digit
> > extensions; one for picking up voicemail and one for leaving voicemail
> > for an arbitrary user.  The second ext is used primarily by the
> > receptionist (coming from the Nortel PBX) to redirect callers to users
> > voicemails.  The issue I'm having is that if you don't pass an
> > extension
> > to the Voicemail() function * will prompt you one time.  If you key the
> > ext incorrectly the system hangs up on you.  Is there a way to prompt
> > the caller for the extension to leave a message for, accept the ext,
> > check the database, and give the caller another chance if the ext is
> > invalid?
>
> AFAIK, Voicemail() will jump to n+101 if the requested mailbox doesn't
> exist - you can use that to return to the prompt asking for the mailbox
> number.

Doh!  I completely forgot about jumping to n+101.  I have the system playing back "invalid extension" and it works like I'd hoped it would.

Thanks!
Greg