[Asterisk-Users] SPA-3000 VOIP-PSTN gateway - long delay betweenanswering and ringing

Anthony Rodgers Anthony_Rodgers at dnv.org
Wed Feb 8 14:50:49 MST 2006

Hi Jean-Michel,

We did actually try the 'r' option, but it has no effect, as Asterisk
will only supply ringing until the dialed SIP extension answers, which
it does immediately. The 4 second delay occurs between when the
SPA-3000 answers the SIP call and then places the PSTN one. I believe
that the ringing tone is provided by the PSTN at that point.

Regards,
--
Anthony Rodgers
Business Systems Analyst