[Asterisk-Users] sipura 3000 and other probs

john at cusick.ws john at cusick.ws
Wed Feb 8 13:21:04 MST 2006

To All,

I recently purchased a Sipura 3000 for home use. Generally it seems to
work fine, but it also majorly screws up on a frequent, almost daily,
basis.

Terrible echo problems that come and go, and sometimes it just seems to
"lose its way" and can't re-register.

For example, I'll be talking to an incoming caller and an echo starts
quietly in the background. Within a minute or so, I'll lose the
connection, with my voice 100% reflecting back at me, and the caller says
the same occurs at their end, his/her voice 100% reflecting back to
him/her.

I usually have to reset the device completely at that point. Other times,
I'll get a call and talk for 1/2 hour with no problems whatsoever.

I have it set up with a at h V 2.2 according to the setup at

  http://mundy.org/blog/index.php?p=65

altough I am not using the caller ID portion of his setup.

Also I get the following strange error:

chan_sip.c: That's odd...  Got a response on a call we dont know about.
            Cseq 102 Cmd SIP/2.0

I can't seem to pin it down. I've checked the source (chan_sip.c) and
because I'm not well aquainted with the protocol, I'm about as clueless as
could be as to what its telling me.

Unfortunately its a headless box, and so by the time I can log in through
PuTty/whatever and fire up asterisk -r, the call is long gone. On the
other hand, with my not so bountiful skills, I'm not sure how much good a
sip debug would help me anyway.

Any help or advice on either issue (could they be related?) would be
greatly appreciated.

Regards,

John C.