[Asterisk-Users] SPA-3000 VOIP-PSTN gateway - long delay between answering and ringing

Anthony Rodgers Anthony_Rodgers at dnv.org
Wed Feb 8 13:05:45 MST 2006

Greetings,

We are currently testing a Sipura SPA-3000 as a gateway from our
Asterisk system to a PSTN line for 911 access. We have a number of
locations and want to place an SPA-3000 in each, connected to a PSTN
line that will provide the correct ANI/ALI information to 911 for each
location.

It all works great, except for a reasonably significant (4 seconds)
delay between when the SPA-3000 answers the SIP call from the Asterisk
server (immediately upon dialing, according to the Asterisk CLI) and
the ringing tone begins (the remote phone begins ringing at that same
time).

The delay is enough for users to think that the phone isn't working -
not what you want for 911!

Any ideas?

Regards,
--