[Asterisk-Users] PRI Bridging and Recording

Rob Lith rob at connection-telecom.com
Wed Feb 8 11:17:42 MST 2006

Garth

In Cape Town we're assisting at a site where we have two PRI's coming in
from Telkom and going out to a legacy PBX, CPU is a 2.8Ghz the card is a
Digium TE406P so that the echo cancellation is handled by the hardware
rather than server. Monitoring is at teh channel level and with
Asterisk 1.2you should look at MixMonitor record audio & mix natively
as the call is in
progress to avoid the need to spawn external processes which will cause cpu
usage spikes.

The set-up has to be in serial, you can't 'vampie' the lines. So this is
potentially a point of failure so we install the Junghanns ISDNguard that
can take in four BRI or PRI and send our four to an Asterisk server and four
to a back up device. A serial connection listens for a heart beat on the
Asteirsk server and switches over on failure.

Regards
Rob