[Asterisk-Users] Fedora Core 3 or Fedora Core 4? yum update ornot?

Technical Support support at ocg.ca
Wed Feb 8 08:38:33 MST 2006

I think that some people try to make their asterisk box a do-everything
super server.  Can you image a traditional PBX with direct access via the
internet, serving web pages via apache, running sendmail, etc.

Our approach has been keep it simple.  We lock each Asterisk PBX down has
hard as possible.  This includes no direct internet connection (it should
sit behind a real firewall), minimal services running, etc.  With this
philosophy, one can treat the PBX as an appliance: don't touch it if it's
working.

If you must run host web pages, run mail servers, offer SQLnet connections,
make visible to the internet, etc. then other users are correct - you better
continually patch/update ASAP.

MD