[Asterisk-Users] RE: X100P help required

Tejas Shah tejas705 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 8 06:22:31 MST 2006

hello all,

               I m joined this asterisk group few months back. Actually i have installed asterisk on my PC and using X100P PSTN interface card to make this PC work as a single line VoIP gateway.
 Now i have one problem which is as follows:

 As i told i m using X100P card. I am getting good quality of speech from it whenever i m making call or receiving call through it. Now I have installed Soft X-Lite ip phone on 3 pc's. Now whenever i make call from analog phone to any IP phone, we can talk. After finishing talk I hang up the  analog phone. Now when just after 2-3 mins when i want to make call to any IP phone, from my analog phone i m getting "engaged tone". I have to restart my asterisk server, to  come out of that "engaged tone" .

 Now evertime i cant restart asterisk server. I usually uses following commands to start asterisk server each time:

 first "safe_asterisk" then "asterisk -r".

 So i m confused now, why this is happening?

 1) Am i starting asterisk server in wrong way?
 or 2) Is there any problem with X100P card?

 Where i m wrong, i m not getting?

 hope all of u will help me to solve this problem.

 Thanks

 Tejas