[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 2620 as PRI gateway

Gary Richardson gary.richardson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 19:09:05 MST 2006

I have a 2811 working as a SIP gateway. My IOS version is 12.3(11)T5.

Looking through my config I notice:

sip-ua
  sip-server ipv4:<asterisk server ip address>

Everything else in the config file is for our h323 call manager gear. I
can't remember if I needed to add the above line to make a sip server run on
the router. In order to place a call to the PSTN, I Dial(SIP/9XXXXXXXXXX@<ip
address of my 2811>) and everything works.

As for how much of this applies to a 2600.. you'll have to see.