[Asterisk-Users] Sipura SPA 3000 logic

Chris Bagnall asterisk at minotaur.cc
Tue Feb 7 18:37:09 MST 2006

> Would a call coming in on the pstn line be answered by the
> ATA or just get passed through to the * server (depending on
> dialplan) to handle?

Either. It's your choice. I have an SPA3000 here at home working in the way
you describe. When a call comes in on the SPA3000 it's forwarded (without
answering) to asterisk. Asterisk then rings all the IP phones, and only when
one of those is answered is the PSTN line physically taken off-hook.

There are some excellent forum posts I found re: configuring the SPA3000 to
forward calls directly to asterisk (I think from the voxilla.com forums).

Regards,

Chris