[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk native sounds now available!

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Tue Feb 7 13:03:16 MST 2006

Benoît Mérouze wrote:
> Kristian Kielhofner wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>>     As I promised at eTel last week, I have finished up work on my
>> "Asterisk Native Sounds" project.  Here's a little diddy from
>> astlinux.org:
>>
>> -----------------------------------
>>
>>  Asterisk Native Sounds are a collection of audio prompts for
>> Asterisk.  They will improve quality, reduce CPU usage, reduce
>> latency, and (in some cases) eliminate the need for G729 licenses!
>> The Asterisk Native Sounds are a collection of alternative sounds
>> prompts for Asterisk.  Here's how it works.  I had Allison Smith (the
>> voice of Asterisk) re-record all of the sound prompts present in
>> Asterisk 1.2.  She provided them to me in the best audio format
>> possible.  I then converted them into several native Asterisk sound
>> formats.  Why would I do all of this?
>>
>> [...]
>>
> Hi Krisitian,
>
> Thanks a lot for doing this, that was a very good idea.
> Do you think you could also convert the high quality sound files in G723
> format?

You have two options:

1) Download the slinear prompts and convert them yourself (then send
them to me) :).

2)  Tell me where I can get a LEGITIMATE g723 implementation for
Asterisk and I'll do it.

	I know there used to be one on a certain CVS server somewhere, but I
don't know if it is still around...

--
Kristian Kielhofner