[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk native sounds now available!

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Tue Feb 7 13:00:42 MST 2006

Alex Barnes wrote:
> [...]

Alex,

	Your WAVs are probably 16bit with a 44.1 (or 48kz) sampling rate.
Asterisk can't resample (that's probably for the better).

	You need to resample them with sox.  See my (basic) scripts here:

http://mirror.astlinux.org/sounds/scripts/

	Once you have your prompts in 8bit, 8khz wav, you can use the convert
module here:

http://redice.krisk.org

	To convert to anything you want.

P.S. - Do you have a full set of prompts, but with the Queen's English
and a british accent?  If so, send me the WAVs, I'll do all the work and
even host them for you!  Contact me off list.  Cool.

--
Kristian Kielhofner