[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk native sounds now available!

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Tue Feb 7 12:53:16 MST 2006

Douglas Garstang wrote:
> You know, I'm still a little confused. Kristian, the original poster, said...
>
> "I had Allison Smith (the voice of Asterisk) re-record all of the sound prompts present in Asterisk 1.2. "
>
> Was there really an extra 1400 sound files added from Asterisk 1.2 to Asterisk 1.2.4? Sorry, but I'm just not getting it here. Must be missing something.
>
> Doug.

Doug,

	When you checkout Asterisk (or download the tarball), look at all of
the .gsm files that go by.  These are the minimum prompts for
applications like voicemail, dictate, etc to work.  Look at the
sounds.txt file in the Asterisk source.  These are the Asterisk 1.2.x
prompts.  Kevin Fleming's response goes over this.

	Now, there is also a huge set of supplemental prompts available in a
seperate release called "asterisk-sounds".  These are useful (but not
necessary) prompts for doing things with Asterisk (like reading back the
weather, etc).  There are many, many more of these.

	It looks like you installed them at some point (like most do).  They
will then live in the same sounds directory as the normal Asterisk
sounds.  They will persist across updates of Asterisk.

Does that help?

--
Kristian Kielhofner