[Asterisk-Users] BAD/GOOD Echo Cancel

David Stude dstude at receptec.net
Tue Feb 7 09:08:56 MST 2006

I've used Voicetronix FXO/FXS ports and noted pretty heavy echo on both
short and long runs to other switches.  We went through some steps to try to
tune the echo out using some settings on the card, and it helped with some
of the higher frequencies, but the problem still remains for many users.  We
decided, based on this and other problems, to pick up a Digium TDM board
with 4 FXS ports and it virtually eliminated all our problems.  The digium
are short run (<20 feet) to our PBX.

The next step is probably going to be buying a 12 FXS / 8 FXO port TDM24XX
card with hardware echo cancellation.  The FXS will be all short run to our
PBX and the FXO will be relatively long runs to the phone.  So I'm very
curious (and hopeful) that the problems will be much abated.