[Asterisk-Users] change languages from an IVR

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Tue Feb 7 08:18:18 MST 2006

>But, AFAIK, when they get to voicemail, the greeting is not based on
>the language setting, so you have to record it in those 3 languages,
>which makes a pretty long greeting

This is common in Canada which has 2 official languages. The convention here
is to intersperse the secondary language with the primary language so a non
native English speaker can follow what is going on:

"Hi, no one can take your call right now / Bonjour, personne ne peuvent
prendre votre appel en ce moment / Please leave a message and I will return
your call as soon as possible / Veuillez laisser un message et je renverrai
votre appel aussitôt que possible"

3 might be a stretch though.