[Asterisk-Users] Modifying dialplan for DUNDi compatibility

Chris Bagnall asterisk at minotaur.cc
Tue Feb 7 02:09:53 MST 2006

Greetings all,

I'd like to start implementing a private DUNDi peering group between one of
our asterisk servers hosted at a datacentre and the various asterisk boxes
sitting at clients' premises.

On most of the clients' boxes the dialplan will have an [in-pstn] section
containing the various numbers that should be recognised by that box. Where
they're from a VoIP provider they are in e.164 format already, where they're
from BT ISDN lines they're usually the last 6 digits of the number.

For outbound calls, there's a context called [outboundpstn] containing the
following entries:
exten => _00.,1,Macro(outbound,{EXTEN},,provider1,provider2,pstn)
exten =>
_0[12]XXXXXXXXX,1,Macro(outbound,${EXTEN},,provider1,provider2,pstn)
exten => _07XXXXXXXXX,1,Macro(outbound,${EXTEN},,provider1,provider2,pstn)
exten => _08[47]XXXXXX.,1,Macro(outbound,${EXTEN},,provider1,provider2,pstn)
exten => _0[58]0XXXXXX.,1,Macro(outbound,${EXTEN},,provider1,provider2,pstn)

Those represent 1) international, 2) uk national, 3) uk mobile, 4) uk
non-geo, 5) uk freephone

The DUNDi examples I've seen suggest doing everything in e.164 number format
(country+area+local), which makes sense, but with clients' boxes the aim has
been to keep dialling as close to their previous telco as possible (hence 00
for international, etc.). Clients aren't going to want to dial in e.164
format.

Does anyone have some worked examples of a 1.2-compatible private DUNDi
setup they'd be willing to share? There are some examples in the 1.2 default
extensions.conf, but I'm not sure exactly how one would implement them in a
private setup such as this - they seem very much geared to a public e.164
directory.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chris