[Asterisk-Users] Suggestions/comments needed on the following Asterisk step by step installation instructions

Zach A zeeshan at acabling.com
Mon Feb 6 22:05:13 MST 2006

Hi experts,

Following is a list of steps which I've prepared for Asterisk
installation on Fedora Core. The reason is so that I don't forget any
important step while installing Asterisk on a production quality
systems. Any suggestions/comments from the experts in this community
will he highly appreciated and will benefit everybody.

-------------------------------------
1. Install Fedora Core with minimal installation option selected
2. Install required rpms packages: (see
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+Fedora+Core+3)
3. Run yum update
4. Download from www.asterisk.org asterisk, asterisk-addons,
asterisk-sounds, libpri, zaptel
5. Modify zaptel's Makefile if ztdummy is required to be installed by
uncommenting # ztdummy.
6. Install zaptel by doing make clean; make linux26; make install, make
config
7. Open /etc/udev/rules.d/50-udev.rules. Add the following lines to the
end of rules file:
		# Section for zaptel device
		KERNEL="zapctl", NAME="zap/ctl"
		KERNEL="zaptimer", NAME="zap/timer"
		KERNEL="zapchannel", NAME="zap/channel"
		KERNEL="zappseudo", NAME="zap/pseudo"
		KERNEL="zap[0-9]*", NAME="zap/%n"
8. Reboot the system
9. Install libpri by doing make clean; make linux; make install
10. Switch to /usr/src/asterisk directory. Do make mpg123. Modify
Makefile by uncommenting #K6OPT = -DK6OPT. Also it may be required to
change OVERWRITE=y to OVERWRITE=n
11. Install mpg123 by doing make mpg123
12. Install asterisk by doing make clean; make; make install, followed
by make samples and make config
13. Repeat make clean; make; make install for asterisk-addons and
asterisk-sounds.
14. Installation is complete. Run asterisk by typing asterisk followed
by asterisk -vvvr.