[Asterisk-Users] dummy Technology/resource for Dial

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Feb 6 20:56:28 MST 2006

I need to guarantee a Dial(Technology/resource,20) will ring somewhere
for 20 seconds before timing out.  The problem is that if all of my
Technology/resource pairs are SIP phones for example, if none of the
listed phones are actually online/logged in, the Dial bails immediately.
I would rather the Dial run it's timeout course.

Any way I can do that?  Is there a way to create some kind of "dummy"
Technology/resource that will never answer but will always keep Dial()
happy that it might?

Thanx,
b.

Brian J. Murrell