[Asterisk-Users] TE405p -- loopback for the phone company?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon Feb 6 16:35:19 MST 2006

Tim Connolly wrote:
> Hmm.. I'm running CVS-head from a few days ago. TimeWarner said they
> couldn't loop me, so I plugged in a router and they were able to loop and
> test the PRI. Is there any way to do loops from within the Asterisk console?
> I typically use zttool.

You cannot be involved in a loop with Asterisk running, it will freak out.

To answer your question: there is currently not a mechanism in zaptel to
put your own end into loopback towards the network.

Just in case CVS is not being updated properly, have you tried using SVN
trunk instead? I know once Mark fixed this code we tried it here and it
worked as expected...