[Asterisk-Users] FXS with v.90 modem support?

Dustin Wenz dwenz at iscompanies.com
Mon Feb 6 16:20:50 MST 2006

I have a couple of devices that need an analog modem to communicate
outside of our Asterisk system. Most FXS gateways don't seem to
support this... I have a stack of Sipura 2002's that are, AFAIK,
worthless for this purpose.

I've heard that Digium's IAXy FXS will work with modems, but I can't
find any reference to that in their documentation. There is also the
VegaStream Vega 50 that claims to support v.90 on 8 FXS ports per
unit. Does anyone have experience with these devices, or can
recommend anything else?

	- .Dustin Wenz