[Asterisk-Users] RE: One way audio - it doesn't make sense

Michaël Gaudette michael.gaudette at virtutel.ca
Mon Feb 6 14:42:31 MST 2006

> > What ports am I missing?  Could the problem be entirely something
> > else?  Somehow I had the feelings that calls going out (since they
> > originate from the device behind the NAT) would not be a
> problem, but
> > calls coming in could be.
> >
> > I really would appreciate a hint from somebody who knows
> better than I
> > do (i.e. anybody)
>
> Pehaps you have set your device to use an outgoing codec which is not
> supported out of the box by asterisk, such as g.729? ulaw or
> gsm should
> work. Check your codec config in your sip.conf as well. For debugging
> purposes, you should use ulaw everywhere (assuming your ISP
> supports it).

I tried, the only allowed codec in my sip.conf file is GSM, as supported by
my provider.

My CLI doesn`t show anything special with debug turned on full. Just the
typical:

-- SIP/provider-0154 is making progress passing it to SIP/myid
-- SIP/provider-0154 is ringing
-- SIP/provider-0154 answered SIP/myid
-- Attempting native bridge of SIP/myid and SIP/provider-0154

Mike