[Asterisk-Users] Fritz card technology & German *

Chris Earle (CBL) cearle at cbltech.ca
Mon Feb 6 14:57:01 MST 2006

Hi all --
I just sat down to revisit this project and figure out what card to go with.

Something that no one around me seemed to consider was what Legacy PBX is in
place already.  There is a PBX with analog phones going into it!

So if I get a 4x BRI card, I'm going to either need to keep the Legacy PBX
in place and *somehow* connect to the two machines, or I'm going to need a
TDM card in the server as well and handle everything inside the one server
with Asterisk.

This is driving me up the wall, because I'm not physically in the same
location as the German PBX/where the Asterisk server is going to be setup.
I am also not clear on how ISDN works with incoming and outgoing lines.
Does it distinguish between the incoming lines/outgoing?  Meaning -- will
plugging 2x CAT5 lines between the BRIcard/Asterisk and the Legacy PBX to
enable bridging between the two??

Any further comments on this would be appreciated

Man is ISDN wacky :-)   I'd much rather just get a large TDM2400 and put all
the extension lines into that.....

Cheers all