[Asterisk-Users] Uniden UIP200 and Asterisk v1.2.4: problem notregistering

Nabeel Jafferali asterisk-lists at x2n.ca
Mon Feb 6 10:32:44 MST 2006

> It does show up in asterisk a few seconds after the UIP200 reboot:
> -- Saved useragent "Uniden SIP Phone p2 Ver BS4.70" for peer uip200
>
> but after about 5s I will get something like:
> UIP200 is now unreachable.

It appears that, for whatever reason, the packet being sent to the phones
from Asterisk to check if they're still around is not being replied to.

> qualify=3000                    ; send udp every 2 seconds, to keep nat

Removing this line will likely fix the problem. Since you don't have a NAT,
the qualify= setting doesn't help keep the port(s) open. At the same time,
most SIP devices have a NAT Keep Alive option, if that is an issue.

Obviously, this doesn't explain what changed to cause the issue, but this
should at least have you up and running until you do figure it out.

Nabeel