[Asterisk-Users] BAD/GOOD Echo Cancel

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Mon Feb 6 03:19:53 MST 2006

> hi,
>
> How good or bad is the EC in Asterisk?
>
> Can anyone prove that it works at all and what it's limitations are?
>
> I ask cause I have some problems with this myself which variate from
> call to call, and I see from others that Echo Cancel is a quite common
> topic.
>
> Jan

I have installed systems that had absolutely no echo and some with
terrible echo.  Whenever I sell or consult on an * system, I always make
it clear that VoIP and * may suffer from echo.  I also let them know
that many times we can eliminate it but sometimes there will be a slight
echo on some calls that may or may not go away.

Echo is the number one complaint I get from customers so I like to be
upfront about it.

Thanks,
Steve