[Asterisk-Users] ddi???

Chris Bagnall asterisk at minotaur.cc
Sat Feb 4 16:33:30 MST 2006

> You need to get BT to agree and allocate or port the numbers.
> You need to agree how many digits BT will pass on to you
> (probably 1925838395 but possibly just the last 2)

I don't know the number of digits that BT pass through on a PRI, but on a
set of BRIs with a range of DDIs, they're passing the last 6 digits (so
given the OP's range, you'd want to match on 838381 etc.)

I concur with Tim's suggestion of trying to get the internal extensions
related to the DDIs - it'll simplify your dialplan substantially.

Out of curiosity, why do you want to go to BT for the number range? 8
channels through BT will cost a small fortune, and you could run 8
concurrent calls over a standard ADSL connection in the UK with appropriate
codec selections. There are at least 3 or 4 companies in the UK that'll
offer you a consecutive number range for a UK area code.

You'd also avoid a substantial chunk of potential echo issues. The asterisk
deployments we've done where the client has had calls delivered via IAX from
a provider have all been *much* easier and taken far less time than when we
have to fight with ISDN lines, or worse, analogue lines.

Regards,

Chris