[Asterisk-Users] RE: 5, 000 concurrent calls system rolloutquestion

William Boehlke william.boehlke at signate.com
Fri Feb 3 14:25:58 MST 2006

We run the same benchmarks on PC servers and get a small fraction of that
throughput with streams. If you're doing better, that's great.

The facile response is "how much money do you have" since it's a tuning
issue. For example, you get more throughput if you hold the IVR in RAM.

But, as you know, there are no simple answers. If the IVRs are short, say
ten seconds, you'll be limited by call setup times instead of call
throughput and could peak at 500 calls or even fewer.