[Asterisk-Users] hardware and network requirements

John Jensen jrj at ft.fo
Fri Feb 3 09:04:02 MST 2006

Hi,
The usual bottleneck is cpu.

> i'm planning to migrate a callcenter to asterisk and VOIP,
> the call center can have up to 25 cuncurrents agents
> logged in.

Ie. max 25 concurrent calls.

> I'll have some simplty IVR business logic and the
> some queues.

Unknown number of concurrent calls (with prompts and hold-music).

Can you provide an estimate on the maximum number of calls
in queue ?

The second major question is how are you going to recieve
the calls ? VoIP (g.729, g.711, ???) PRI card on server ?

Question three: I assume you're going to run voip for the
agents. What codec are you going to use on the agent side ?
(g.729, g.711, gsm)

The real question is how much transcoding are you going
to do ? Because that's where your clock-cycles are going
to be spent.

> Can a normal server with
> Pentium 4 3.6 Ghz CPU
> do it.

Most likely. It'll do 40-50 concurrent 711 to 729 transcodings.

John
VoIP Doctor
Føroya Tele