[Asterisk-Users] Directed Call Pickup

Garth van Sittert garth at bitco.co.za
Thu Feb 2 23:24:14 MST 2006

Show Features produces:
    Builtin Feature           Default Current
    ---------------           ------- -------
    Pickup                    *8      *8
    Blind Transfer            #       #
    Attended Transfer                 *2
    One Touch Monitor
    Disconnect Call           *       *

    Dynamic Feature           Default Current
    ---------------           ------- -------
    (none)

    Call parking
    ------------
    Parking extension   :   700
    Parking context     :   parkedcalls
    Parked call extensions: 701-720

in extension.conf I have:
    exten => _8.,1,Pickup(${EXTEN:1})

When I dial 812, in the CLI I can see:
    Executing Pickup("SIP/29-707f", "12") in new stack

Any thoughts?

Kind Regards
Garth

Bob Goddard wrote:
> On Thursday 02 Feb 2006 16:46, Garth van Sittert wrote:
>
>> Hi All
>>
>> I am having problems with Directed Call Pickup in Asterisk 1.2.1
>>
>> If extension 100 is ringing, a user at another extension is supposed to
>> be able to dial *8100 and pickup the call to 100.  It isn't working for
>> me and I cannot figure out why.
>>
>> I have in features.conf:
>>
>> pickupexten = *8
>>

> At the CLI, "show features" should tell you if it is configured.
> If so, you need to tell us what happens on the console.
> If not, then you are liable to get asked "my car does not work,
> does anyone know why?".

Garth van Sittert
BSc (Physics & Computer Science)
Mobile: +27 (0)83 791 6662