[Asterisk-Users] meetme and dtmf

Francesco Peeters (Asterisk) francesco at fampeeters.com
Thu Feb 2 23:12:38 MST 2006

On Fri, February 3, 2006 0:44, Imran Ahmed said:

>> > How is the IVR still involved if the call has been transferred into a
>> > conference room?
>> >
>> The IVR records the conversation between the other partecipant to the
>> conference and wait '#' to stop recording and a '1'  to save the file.
>
> may or may not work, try at your own risk:
>
> 1) Use a sip soft phone and set the dtmf mode = inband.
> 2) In asterisk set the dtmf mode for that soft phone to be rfc2833 or
> info. (this is done so that asterisk ignores the inband dtmf on the
> sip channel).
> 3) Design your dialplan such that asterisk should not depend on dtmf
> from the sip call.
> ex:
>
> exten xxx, 1, dial(zap/g/client_number) //on answer directed to conference
> room
> exten xxx, 2, dial(zap/g/ivr_number) //on answer directed to conference
> room.
> exten xxx, 3, meetme(conference room)
>
> once the sip call is in the conference then the ivr will detect dtmf
> from the audio data. Note that before the sip call is in a conference
> dtmf will not be detectable by the ivr or asterisk, and Ofcourse, this
> is not tested and only a test can confirm if it works.
>
> drawbacks: dtmf will not be available to ivr until your call is in
> conference. asterisk will never see any dtmf (which should be okay in
> this specific case).
> dtmf tones are not squelched so the other user in the conference will
> hear dtmf tones.
>
> Imran

What I find strange is that the meetme IVR participant *does* hear DTMF
from the ZAP channel, but not from the IAX2 channel... There shouldn't be
a per channel difference in how dtmf is handled in meetme, right?...

Do you know whether the IAX2 dtmf is intercepted by meetme and handled
internally? If so you might be able to workaround by using SendDTMF() in
your meetme dialplan...

Good luck!

--
F Peeters
  PIII 450 - 1 GB - * 1.2 - BRIstuff 0.3.0 Pre 1 - Florz patch