[Asterisk-Users] Re: delaying "answer" for a number of ringsor an amount of time

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Feb 2 19:31:15 MST 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-02 at 21:22 -0500, gw at adcomcorp.com wrote:
> No, it will dial like a pass-through simultaneously to sip/iax
> extensions.

Right.  As I thought.

>   If you were to dial out to an analog port though, that
> would be different.
>
> So in essence, you can have all the phones ringing at the same time.

Right.  My original question was about making Asterisk wait a number or
rings (or amount of time) before picking up a Zap line.  If the
rings/time were not reached while the line is still ringing, do nothing.

This allows a handset *on the same POTS line* as Asterisk to pick up and
Asterisk does nothing.  But if nobody picks up the POTS line (that
asterisk is on too) then it picks up.

I essentially want Asterisk to be an answering machine on the line.

b.

Brian J. Murrell