[Asterisk-Users] Re: delaying "answer" for a number of rings or an amount of time

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Feb 2 17:46:11 MST 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-02 at 15:24 -0700, Bromont Quebec wrote:
> You need to take that "Wait" and "Answer" out of there....
>
> [from-pots]
> exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/brian&SIP/joe,30)
> exten => s,2,Voicemail(u2001)
> exten => s,3,Hangup
> exten => s,102,Voicemail(b2001)
> exten => s,103,Hangup
> exten => h,1,Hangup
> exten => i,1,Hangup

How does doing only that prevent Asterisk from picking up the POTS line
for a period of time (like 3 or 4 rings... or 10 seconds or so to give a
handset on the same POTS line an opportunity to pick it up first --
think answering machine)?  As I understand it removing the Wait and
Answer would cause Asterisk to pick the POTS line up right away and dial
brian and joe's phones with it.

Am I missing something?

b.

Brian J. Murrell