[Asterisk-Users] RE: 5, 000 concurrent calls system rollout question

Rafael Marconi rmmarconi at uol.com.br
Thu Feb 2 16:52:23 MST 2006

One single machine cant do 5000 IP -> PSTN translations.

u can use some asterisk as frontend to do codec translation, from
any codec to g711,
and deliver all calls to Asterisk with the Sangoma board in G711,
Sangoma has a T3/E3 board

this exaple will reduce the load on the servers with pstn card.

If u want asterisk only to route 5000 calls, without rtp media, u
dont need any of this .

Rafael Marconi
rmmarconi at hotmail.com
rmmarconi at gmail.com