[Asterisk-Users] routing question: multipath routing for SIP

Script Head scripthead at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 16:31:56 MST 2006

I have two T1s and I'd like to split my SIP traffic over the two. I am
looking at this:

http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.rpdb.multiple-links.html

what bothers me about it is the note "Note that balancing will not be
perfect, as it is route based, and routes are cached. This means that routes
to often-used sites will always be over the same provider.". If all my
traffic goes to the same IP, which is a remote SER proxy, will my second T1
be utilized at all? Does anyone have any experiece with this?