[Asterisk-Users] 5,000 concurrent calls system rollout question

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Thu Feb 2 12:18:20 MST 2006

--On February 3, 2006 4:07:05 AM +0900 Vic <svictor at yahoo.co.jp> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> several of your mentioned signant as a viable option.
>
> Has anyone ever used them? Are there any reviews for their products?
>
> Did they just put together a lot of Asterisks into a large scale PC? (I
> am still struggling with the concept)

Well I've nebver used it but any single box solution is going to have to
have custom hardware and some custom code in asterisk or asterisk channel
module to run it.  A PC can't do echo cancellation on 5k channels.  Can't
do codec on 5k channels.  It might be able to do (light/simple/short) IVR
on 5k channels though.

> Thanks,
>
> Vic

into trouble of all kinds."