[Asterisk-Users] meetme and dtmf

Accursio Avona a.avona at elios.net
Thu Feb 2 01:57:16 MST 2006

Imran Ahmed wrote:

>On 2/1/06, Kevin P. Fleming <kpfleming at digium.com> wrote:
>

>>Imran Ahmed wrote:
>>

>>>Even though no IAX client supports inband dtmf, An IAX client can send
>>>inband dtmf which would have corrected your problem.
>>>

>>No, it won't. No IAX2 client will start a DSP to listen for inband DTMF,
>>because IAX2 is defined to always send out-of-band DTMF.
>>
>>At best, if the receiving IAX2 system is just passing the audio along to
>>another protocol that does support inband DTMF, then sending it in the
>>audio stream would work. If the application receiving the DTMF is on the
>>other IAX2 end, though (like MeetMe in this case), then it will never
>>'see' the DTMF, because Asterisk will not look in the audio stream for DTMF.
>>

>I agree, but the other ends of the conference were zap channels in
>this case, at least that is what I figured by the first email.

Maybe if a paint better my scenario it would help the discussion.

Step 1: A IAX client make a call executing the following command

           Dial(ZAP/g1/${EXTEN})
          If aswered this call is tranfered to a conference room.

Step 2: The IAX client make a second call executing again

          Dial(ZAP/g1/${EXTEN})
         an IVR answer this call and the IAX client have to send some
DTMF stil now everything works very well.
        At this point call is transfered to the previous conference room
and The IAX client reach the conference too.

Step 3 The Iax client heve to send some other DTMF to the IVR.

        NOW THE IVR DOES NOT HEAR DTMF SENDED BY THE IAX CLIENT, EVEN IF
IT CAN HEAR DTMF SENDED BY THE FIRST ZAP CHANNEL.

Hoping to be clear enough
thank yuo very much for any help or suggestion.
Accursio Avona