[Asterisk-Users] (newby) IAX Trunk on low bandwidth connection

Rob Lith rob at connection-telecom.com
Wed Feb 1 14:44:48 MST 2006

1500 to 3000 is poor - Satellite delay is approximately 270 milliseconds
(the time required for the signal to travel 35,800 km into space and
return). If associated signal processing time through baseband equipment is
included, total path delay is closer to 320 milliseconds.

In voice communications, the most noticeable effect of this delay is echo,
anything from 600ms upwards will not be nice.

Regards
Rob