[Asterisk-Users] DTMF Sporadicaly Being Generated

Michael L. Young myoung at acsacc.com
Wed Feb 1 11:03:43 MST 2006

I just wanted to see if any one else has seen this or could help point me in
the right direction on this problem.

I have a TE411P card in my * box. I am running FC4 x86_64. I used to have
two TE110 cards in the same box that worked without any problems. Since
changing to the TE411P cards, I am getting random DTMF tones being produced
on a bridged connection through the same Channel Bank that I was using
before upgrading to the TE411P.

Port 1 -> PRI 1
Port 2 -> PRI 2
Port 3 -> Channel Bank
Port 4 -> Empty

The channel bank then connects to our recording computer through a 66 block.
So, our recording computer is picking up these tones on the recordings and
sometimes the DTMF tone is # sign which triggers our system to stop the
recording and produce a number (this is by design). We need to stop the
generation of these random DTMF tones so that our recordings do not end
prematurely.

Does anyone have any ideas where the DTMF tones are coming from? Are there
any know problems when there is a cell phone involved?

Thank you,
Michael Young