[Asterisk-Users] Delay after first digit - dial plan

brett at websmyths.com brett at websmyths.com
Wed Feb 1 10:45:58 MST 2006

On 2/1/2006, "Tharindu Rukshan Bamunuarachchi"
<tbamunuarachchi at openworld.org> wrote:

>Dear Sir/Madma,
>
> I need to create dial plan to access out side world from office. Our
> office PBX system need to wait few seconds after pressing "9" before
> enter phone number.
>
> How should i prepare dial plan to add delay between first and rest of
> digits.
>
> Here is my idiotic try;
>
> exten => _9XXXXXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/1/9)
> exten => _9XXXXXXXXXX,2,Wait,2
> exten => _9XXXXXXXXXX,3,Dial(Zap/1/${EXTEN})

Tharindu -

Try this

 exten => _9XXXXXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/1/9wwww${EXTEN:1})

Basically - dial a the extension prepending a 9 and wait 4 * 0.5 seconds
but strip the first digit from the extension (you have manually dialed the
9 so it has to be stripped off).

You can play with the number of 'w' (a mini-wait command 8-) to get the
proper timing.

Brett