[Asterisk-Users] RE: Euro-ISDN

Aldo Bergamini aab.lists at nb-a.com
Wed Feb 1 10:22:07 MST 2006

asterisk-users-request at lists.digium.com is believed to have said:

>chan_capi does not set the NT-mode. Your cards driver need to do that.
>E.g. for Eicon DIVA Server cards, you just set the '-x' option with divactrl
>or set NT-mode in the config wizard.
>chan_capi does not (need) to know anything about what protocol the card is
>doing. CAPI is independent here.

Ok.

>Anyway, if the card is set to NT mode, you should specify ntmode=yes
>in the capi.conf to tell chan_capi to handle the progress better
>(get progress tones).

Fine!

One last related subpoint: while Eicon Diva cards have their own setup
application, is there anything standard to control the basic setup of
generic HFC-S cards? (something similar to the ztconfig tool for analog cards)

>capi driver? I think you mean chan_capi? Yes it does support
>TE and NT mode, as well as DSS1, 1TR6, JAPAN, NI1, QSIG, 5ESS, and a lot
>more protocols.

Yes, I meant actually the chan_capi module... Nice to know.

>The card and the cards driver need to support/provide this.
>
>Armin

So in the end there a lot of reasons to go for a 'better' card.

Thanks alot for all this information!

Regards
Aldo