[Asterisk-Users] Digit timeouts vs includes in diaplan

Michaël Gaudette michael.gaudette at virtutel.ca
Wed Feb 1 10:09:18 MST 2006

Hi,

I have a little situation with my dialplan, and I am wondering if what I
want is even possible.

Here it is: I have three contexts, context1 includes contexts2, and context2
includes context3.    In other words, in context1 all extensions of context2
and context3 are valid (and actually working, so that's good).  I am using
those context for the sake of code clarity and reuse, and for this reason
they are absolutely needed.

Most extensions work allright, EXCEPT in the cases where there are
"overlapping" extensions, for exemple 2, 23 and 235.  In a normal dialplan,
I would expect when dialing "2" that there would be a timeout of 5 seconds
before that extension is dialed.  When dialing 23, another 5 second delay
and when dialing 235 it would dial immediately.  In other words, when I
pressed "2" that extension would not immediately be dialed but asterisk
would wait for other digits.

In my case, the extensions are split as follows:
[context1]
include => context2
exten => 2, 1,noop(2)

[context2]
include => context3
exten => 23,1,noop(23")

[context3]
exten => 235,1,noop(235)

And the RESULT is that when I press "2" in context1, it doesnt even give me
a chance to dial the other digits, it simply connects me to extension 2.
What if I wanted to put in 235???

Is this:
1) A bug?
2) WAD?