[Asterisk-Users] changing cisco 7940/7960 standard menus ?

Mark Johnson asterisk at astroshapes.com
Wed Feb 1 10:01:46 MST 2006

Alex Ongena wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are using Asterisk 1.2.1 with Cisco 7940 and 7960 phones.
> Most things are running fine ;-)
>
> But, when you are calling and you want to Transfer, you need
> to press first on the 'more' button (4th), then you have the
> label 'Trnsfr' to Transfer.
>
> these are the lables on the softkeys when having a phone call:
> "Holt / EndCall / Confrn / more"
>
> press more and you get
>
> "Transfer /      / BlndXfr / more"
>
> We do more 'Transfers' than 'Confrn', so I which to siwtch the
> 2 softkeys on the phone.
>
> Can you do that ?
> How ?
>
> Thanks
> alex

I went though the same thing.  I don't think you can change the menus.
I simply set up Asterisk to Blind Xfer with the "#" key.  So instead of
using the softkeys, you hit "#" and then the extension and off the call
goes.  It works out nice because if you go to a different phone, the
procedure stays the same.

Mark