[Asterisk-Users] (newby) Is PING a good indicator of latency?

Damon Estep damon at suburbanbroadband.net
Wed Feb 1 07:46:57 MST 2006

Olle

Qualify= runs one SIP OPTIONS per 60 second interval, right? And then
only the latest response is shown.

Not really enough sample points to determine if the network will support
RTP and no provision for jitter measurements and packet loss.

I really like the statistics on the cheap Linksys ATAs! - latency,
jitter, packet loss during an actual call.