[Asterisk-Users] asttapi 0.08 - the memory could not be written

Victor Alvarez victor at sentidocomun.es
Wed Feb 1 05:21:00 MST 2006

Hi,
 I am 'playing' with asttapi which looks great on a first installation but I
must be missing something regarding the source code because I haven't been
able to work with it without problems.

 If you have played with this, you already know that the code to talk to
Asterisk is placed in a file called asttapi.tsp which is in your
windows/system32 folder. The thing here is, the asttapi.tsp that comes with
the original executable is 196kb while the one you get if you compile the
source code is 144kb, that's a kind of suspicious, isn't it? Anyway, if you
remove the TAPI driver, replace that file with the one you get from building
the c++ project and install the TAPI driver again, you can work with the new
library, but I get one window with 'svchost.exe The memory could not be
written' on my Microsoft Outlook when making a call. The call is fine, the
problem is just the error message.

 I might be missing something since, as I said, I have guessed how this
works without documentation. Is there anything else I have to do to compile
and execute the source code so I will be able to make changes and work with
it?  Any idea where the svchost.exe error could come from?

Thank you very much,
  Victor.