[Asterisk-Users] Re: How many TDM2400P's will a server take?

Juan Carlos Castro y Castro jcastro at vialink.com.br
Wed Feb 1 05:07:43 MST 2006

> Juan Carlos Castro y Castro wrote:
>
> > Ah -- for all intents and purposes, assume I can obtain the most kickass
PC
> > server hardware in the known Universe. So -- any real-life experiences
out
> > there?
>
> We successfully ran four fully-loaded TDM2400Ps in a server here during
> development testing. The configuration was half FXS and half FXO on each
> board.
>
> I would not recommend running that much load in a single server of FXS,
> because the power supply requirements are too great, but if at least
> half is FXO then you should be fine. Four TDM2400Ps is the same amount
> of Zaptel load as a single quad-port T1 card, so most servers should be
> able to handle it.

Sweet! So -- what are the specs of that server you tested on? Specifically,
the power supply wattage? My intended use here is all FXS, so I suppose a
limit of 2 would be reasonable.

By the way -- don't you think it would be nice if some FXS hardware had some
way to drain power from somewhere else that the PC's power supply? Forgive
me if this idea has already been discussed to death there.

Thanks for the info,
Juan