[Asterisk-Users] double ringing tone on asterisk 1.2 ((better) workaround)

Simone Cittadini mymailforlists at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 03:58:54 MST 2006

Matteo Piazza ha scritto:

> You must change in the indication.conf the country
>
> [general]
> country=it              ; default location
>
>> After reading a description of apparently the same problem by Juan J.
>> Sierralta more detailed than mine
>> "tuuu tuuu instead of tuuu" we've solved the problem changing the
>> call progress tone of sip phones to something not udible.

No, we've solved the problem on the server setting
progressinband=no
in sip.conf, now you get a 'real' tone when the other endpoint starts
ringing, instead of one tone generated by the client while the call is
in progress and one when the endpoint is ringing.
the country setting was already 'it'

Now the problem remains only in h323 channels, but it seems there isn't
such a variable to configure (ooh323)