[Asterisk-Users] username not stabled?

Chris A. Icide chris at netgeeks.net
Wed Feb 1 01:20:02 MST 2006

Ronald Wiplinger wrote:

<snip>

> 601, 602, 605, 606, 608, 609, 610, 615 and 616 are in sip.conf
> 621 and 626 are in Real-time sip_buddies
>
> 621 and 626 changes username back from name to number (name) in the
> database, and never shows it in "sip show peer"
>
> 615 changed username "Ronald office" to 615, although no change in
> sip.conf
>
> Did anybody else experienced that?
>
> *CLI> show version
> Asterisk SVN-trunk-r8447M built by root @ vpbx on a x86_64 running
> Linux on 2006-01-25 15:33:01 UTC

<snip>

There is some code in asterisk which I'm not sure why it exists, that
will set the username in memory to the user value in the SIP Contact
header upon registration.  While this isn't normally a big deal, if you
are using realtime, when a SIP UA registers, some things are written
back to the realtime database, username being one of them.

I am not sure if this is a bug or not, as I don't understand the thought
process behind allowing a sip ua to modify the username asterisk uses
based on a sip header when it registers.

I went into the code and removed the username as a field that got
written back to the realtime db upon registration and it fixed my problem.

-Chris