[Asterisk-Users] Re: ztdummy

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Wed Feb 1 00:20:43 MST 2006

On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 09:57:40PM -0600, Mike Hammett wrote:
> So since the ztdummy driver is running on the host OS, and Asterisk is
> running in a VPS, what driver files do I need to pass through to the VPS
> for Asterisk to properly see ztdummy?

Basically the device files under /dev/zap.

You can also generate them yourself. Actually you don't need the
channel files (1..250) Look for 'mknod' in the zaptel makefile.
Note that you don't have to have access tothose specific device files.
However if you're on a partition or bind-mount of your own, it is
probably mounted with the mount option 'nodev', so you can't just run
mknod yourself successfully.

> How do I test to see if Asterisk knows ztdummy is present or not on that
> particular VPS?
>
> The /dev/zap directory has the files channel, ctl, pseudo, and timer.
> Which of those do I need to pass through?  Are there more elsewhere?

You will need write access to /dev/zap/ctl . And if you have that, you
might as well have write access to all the device files there . You
don't need a permission to generate new files there.

Practically, though, you need read access from /dev/zaptel/pseudo