[asterisk-users] Sangoma A102d and Asterisk on Debian 3.1.

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun Dec 31 09:31:18 MST 2006

On Sun, Dec 31, 2006 at 04:19:35PM +0000, Thomas Kenyon wrote:
> Jarek Jarzebowski wrote:
> >Dnia 31-12-2006 o 16:17:19 Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com>
> >napisał(a):

> >>AFAIK, that procedure has been tested on Debian Sarge before.
> >>
> >>What specific problems you have?
> >>

> >I use wanpipe-2.3.4-3. I run ./Setup install. After standard 2 frist
> >question (answer 'y') I got:
> >
> >Please specify absolute path name of your linux directory
> >
> >        (Press Enter for Default: /lib/modules/2.4.27-3-686-smp/build)
> >
> >I press Enter. And got:
> >
> It looks like it is looking for the kernel source, have you installed
> the relevant packages?
>
> IIRC, sarge puts them in /usr/src/kernel-source-x.x.xx-x   (replace X's
> with kernel version) if you have the source .debs installed.

Not good enough. You need a configured kernel source. This mean copying
the relevan .config file into it, run 'make oldconfig' and probably even
a bit more. Generally it is preffered to use the
kernel-headers/linux-headers packages for building modules.

Does it actually need the full kernel source? Isn't
kernel-headers-`uname -r` (linux-headers-... on versions later than
Sarge) good enough? Do you have that one installed?

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com