[asterisk-users] X100P "rings" randomly when "phone" line makes call

Yuan LIU yliu11 at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 31 00:05:34 MST 2006

Not sure if anyone experienced the same - or if anyone ever connected a POTS
phone to the "Phone" jack on an X100P card.

The POTS phone rings normally when the FXO receives a call.  The POTS phone
can also make outgoing calls when FXO is not holding the line.  This is
desired.  But if a call connected to the POTS phone lasts longer than a
couple of minutes, Asterisk would receive "ring" conditions from X100P at
seemingly random intervals, and kick off incoming dialplan associated with
the Zap channel.

I turned verbose to 6 and debug to 6, but all I could see was:
    -- Starting simple switch on 'Zap/1-1'

Any idea how I can find the cause?  Thank you.

System is Asterisk 1.2.13 on Ubuntu 6.

Yuan Liu