[asterisk-users] voicemail and ip phones

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Fri Dec 29 14:22:10 MST 2006

What type of phone are you using? On my Grandstream 200 under the Account
tab there is an item called "voicemail ID" This is the extension your
would call to retrieve voicemail. In my case it is extension 80, so I have
just "80" entered there. when I push the "messages" button on the phone it
immediately connects me to voicemail for the extension I am calling from.
You can set it up so all extensions are on the same voicemail or grouped
according to your wishes. This is done in sip.conf (mailbox=) and in
voicemail.conf to define mailboxes. Incoming messages for the associated
mailbox will light the mesassge waiting indicator on the phone.

Doug

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006, Giedrius Augys wrote:

> Hi,
>   In my ip phone is voicemail indicator, and also is a voicemail button (to
> access to voicemail server and ant to listen voicemail). My question is how
> to configure this button. In configuration I need to enter URL. What is the
> syntax of this URL, that IP Phone could fetch this voicemail from asterisk.

"Those that sacrifice essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
 deserve neither liberty nor safety."  -- Ben Franklin (1759)

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *
* doug at crompton.com        *